5 Ways To Keep Cool & Save Money On Energy Costs in Pooler, GA
We may not have heat during the summer that reaches much above 90 degrees, but it can sure feel like it does with all our humidity. There's nothing worse than to worry about air conditioning bills and know you'll have to cut back on being comfortable in order to save. As an experienced Pooler air conditioning maintenance company, we know you may need a little advice on ways to stay cool during our hot Georgia summers without breaking the bank. Here are a few ideas we have put together for you on ways to cut energy costs but still be comfortable in your home or business.
- Many customers don't realize how much of a difference it will make on their heating and air conditioning energy usage if they would have a professional inspection done that can pinpoint areas of the building where energy is leaking out. There are a myriad of reasons your home or commercial building may be wasting the cool or heated air you are paying for on your utility bills. Inspecting your building insulation, windows, doors, attic spaces, and more can reveal what you need to do to keep that cool air your air conditioner is producing. Rick's HVAC has the latest tools and the experience to quickly locate areas of your building that need attention.
- Have your air conditioning system serviced right before the warm season. A seasonal tune up prepares your air conditioning system to work heavily all season after it has sat for months idle. Having at least a once a year service helps to improve it's efficiency and lowers your energy bills. Your air conditioning equipment will last longer when properly maintained.
- Have your thermostat tested. During your tune up, the Pooler air conditioning company you choose should always test your thermostat and more. A malfunctioning thermostat is often not detectable. The thermostat is a simple computer with moving parts that can run down. Having it calibrated by an expert for air conditioning maintenance in Pooler, GA ensures this is not the cause of the problem.
- Take note of continual running. Your air conditioning system should not continually run. If it does, your energy bills will spike and your air conditioner will be strained. Call a professional Pooler air conditioning company right away who can do expert troubleshooting to find the problem quickly. Rick's HVAC is always available when you need us, 24/7.
- Look into solar screens or solar shades for your home or business, and consider window tinting or other options like insulated drapes. Today's materials for solar reflection can help you save on cooling your home or business. The heat from the sun can significantly increase your energy bills unless you block it out.
For more money saving tips for lowering your energy costs and improving the efficiency of your air conditioner, call our Pooler air conditioning maintenance and service pros at Rick's HVAC today. We'll be happy to tell you more about our maintenance agreements or schedule your professional air conditioning tune-up in Pooler, GA.